Episode 1 – The Search for More Knowledge
Music is “Spreading Positivity” by Nicolai Heidlas used under Creative Commons 4.0 license.
Works in progress
- christmas self-striping actually vanilla socks (voolenvine’s favorite socks pattern on west yorkshire spinners sock yarn)
Handspun nurmilintu (Heidi Alander) out of Deep dyed yarns targhee (i think?)
- Bowtruckle hat on plucky sock (I think? I threw away the tag – I know it was Plucky)
Master Swatches – still need to block about 6 or 7 of them, fix the final bind off stitch on most of them, and seam together the last one, and the mitten project
- 80wpi (Gamora on Targhee/Bamboo/Silk by Essential Fiber, Club Marvelous from Dec ‘17)
- Sweater Spin for Hitofude (Hiroko Fukatsu) – Nerd Girl Yarns Polwarth/Silk, Dream Crabs, Doctor Who Club from… 2015?
- Handspun fingerless mitts
- Also a Rossbeg sweater for Liam (Contemporary Irish Knits, Carol Feller), in Donegal Yarns Irish Heather, purchased on my trip to Ireland many many moons ago
Plotting and scheming
- needs to swatch for the sweater-a-long for weezie’s first sweater!!
Also planning to restart the penguin hoodie which is sadly still MIA
- also my first sweater? Although I need to choose and buy the yarn first…It’s the Windfall by Melissa Kemmerer
- SO MUCH SPINNING & Dyeing (shetland samples, anyone?)
- 8oz Weezie’s hair!! Finished and chain plyed (blended roving from Ohio Valley Natural Fibers)
- A POUND OF WENSLEYDALE SPUN UP Just kidding it’s only 8oz
- Rambouillet fiber
- Samples from Punkin Patch
- Dress for Lily (Clean + Simple Baby Dress by PurlSoho)
Dyeing mini skeins
2 pairs Vanilla Latte Socks (Virginia Rose-Jeanes) finished this month
4 dishcloths from Knitpicks 52 Weeks of Dishcloths book
Plus a giant dishcloth (Diagonal Knit Dishcloth, Jana Trent)
Sock yarn x2 (Essential Fiber BFL, Kilgrave, 3-ply; Supernatural Yarns Panda, Sorcerer’s Stone, n-ply)
Revenge of the knits
- Missing penguin sweater?
- And worse, the KC’s Pockets to Go bag is gone!
- I underestimated a fingering weight hat…and had to start it over 4 times because it kept twisting.
- Ran out of yarn but it’s okay!
Oh god the 80wpi never ends
- I still really really want to do my find your fade (Andrea Mowry). I got a bunch of different skeins from different vendors at Kentucky Sheep and Wool
- I want to dye all the things. I watched ChemKnits videos for most of my lunch break. I want to try the kool aid dyeing with the dry kool aid AND the sprinkle dyeing really badly.
- fingering weight speckle sweater (Longline Cardigan, Joji Locatelli)
- Allllllll the colorwork yoked sweaters! Ysolda, and voolenvine, and skeindeer, and so many beautiful ones. Vintersol, fern & feather, and arboreal by jennifer steingass, sunset highway and zweig by caitlin hunter, Threipmuir by ysolda, skeindeer’s marius yoke
Fluff n stuff
- I need to try corespinning wire to make baskets, because I need more baskets, apparently
- Need to wash my natural arya fiber from Wampa Stomp farm so I can spin that
- (Mentioned the designer Boo Knits)
- Starting the teal combed top from my bin, it will be a 4 ply with the pink, blue, and purple
- (Mentioned Absinthe & Juneberry patterns)
Imaginary Internet Points
- I submitted my first skeins of handspun to the Hogwarts House Cup this month for Flying class, and I’m thinking about starting over on the Bowtruckle hat depending on what the prompts are for February so that I can get credit for it.
- Signed up for Sock Madness
- I forgot about my Spin the Bin yarns! I’ve almost finished that!
- I need to start on Ilvermorny classes…
- Needs to sign up for sockmadness
- Starting my second spin the bin entry and need to post the first one
- Submitted two classes to HPKCHC but didn’t my shawl done in time for a third.
- End of month for HPKCHC – 7 classes & detention submitted
- Signed up for Sock Madness 12 – signups open through February!
- Finish sweater spin for an Ilvermorny class
- Post completed Spin the Bin yarns