Episode 2 – Sockity Sockity Socks
Work in progress
- christmas self-striping actually vanilla socks (voolenvine’s favorite socks pattern on west yorkshire spinners sock yarn) #fibermacgyver
- Bowtruckle hat by Jessica L’Heureux in Plucky sock (I think)
- Socks for Drew out of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Cloud Nine base in colorway Say Nevermore
- Working on weaving in the ends on the Master Knitter’s swatches
- (Mentioned Tour de Sock)
- 80wpi (Gamora on Targhee/Bamboo/Silk by Essential Fiber, Club Marvelous from Dec ‘17)
- Plying the sweater Spin for Hitofude (Hiroko Fukatsu) – Nerd Girl Yarns Polwarth/Silk, Dream Crabs
- Handspun fingerless mitts
- Also a Rossbeg sweater for Liam (Contemporary Irish Knits, Carol Feller), from Donegal Yarns Irish Heather
Plotting and scheming
- spin some sock yarn
- (mentioned Mod Madness)
- The sweater (Windfall by Melissa Kemmerer)
- Drew wants a Louisville City FC scarf
- Handspun Nurmilintu shawl is done!!!
- Frabjous Fibers 3 Feet of Sheep Corriedale spun
- (Mentioned Andean plying bracelets)
Revenge of the knits/ 99 problems and a stitch ain’t one
- Rossbeg sweater – failed at picking up stitches – big holes!
- Pentoeminos socks
Fluff n stuff
- Gave the wheel a good scrub down – took it apart, used Murphy’s Orange Oil Soap, then oiled/waxed it back up and put it back together. Poor Khelben was SQUEAKY.
- Finished the corriedale from my six sheep sampler by frabjous fibers
- Started a bit of purple mystery fiber that was gifted to me. (Falkland Merino & Zwartbles blend)
- New technique: plying from a center pull ball.
Imaginary Internet Points
In the Deep End
All About Socks
All those foreign words and what they mean… and a picture! (Credit for photo goes to ShopMartingale.com)
- Pints & Purls @ Mile Wide Brewery in Louisville, KY, Feb. 20 – Cait will be teaching!
- Weezie’s birthday!!! (March 12, for those who are wondering)
- YarnCon @ Chicago, IL, April 7 & 8
- The Fiber Event @ Greencastle, IN, April 13 & 14
- Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, Lexington, May 19 & 20